I love it when I come across a recipe that is not only delicious, healthy and easy but its also made in one pot in 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsps Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeño (minced)
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed well & drained)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (can use fresh peeled & diced)
- 1 can kernel corn
- 2 tsps chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1-2 avocados (diced)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Chopped cilantro or green onion to garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and jalapeño and cook for 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Stir in quinoa, broth, black beans, tomatoes, corn, chilli powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until quinoa is cooked, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in avocado and lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro or green onion.
I can think of so many ways this recipe can be changed to suit your needs and leftovers can be stuffed into green peppers or squash, or try adding shredded cheese.
Adapted from Damn Delicious